Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I'm Back

So I apologize for my time away. I took a little hiatus from my blog writing. But I have good news, I'm back and funnier than ever. Well.. I'm back.

So my latest adventure is the improv classes that I started this week. After just two days, I've actually learned a lot.

The first thing that these classes have taught me is that some people are funny and some people are not. You can try to change who you are by taking improv classes and what not. And don't get me wrong, it takes a lot of courage to go to these classes. But I want to remind all of you not funny and annoying people out there, that it takes just as much courage to sit inside and do nothing. All of us out here in the real world that have to listen to your attempt at humor all day long would really respect you just as much for not coming to class. Just putting it out there.

Another thing I've learned is the first rule of improv is to always say yes. Improv thrives on agreement. One must always agree with their scene partner. So I had some trouble with that rule.. to say the least. I kept wanting to scream, no you are actually completely wrong, and correct my partner. Instead I practiced the art of saying "yes" with my mouth and "wow you're an idiot" with my eyes (Thanks Jim Halpert).

I've had about 12 hours of class so far this week. Someone laughed at me one time. It was awesome. We have a show at the end of the week. That should be more than interesting.

I will keep all of you loyal fans updated on my future adventures and endeavors. More blogs posts to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment